Established in 1987 Moloney Auctioneers is an independent family run business with deep roots in the New Ross area. Des Moloney is in the auctioneering business for the last 40 years and has a wealth of knowledge of the market in the Southeast. We deal with both local and international clients that wish to relocate to New Ross and the surrounding area.
While mainly dealing with sales, at Moloney Auctioneers we also have a very busy rental and property management department.
Tips for purchasing
1. Having your money organised. There is no point in home hunting if you are not ready to do
business there and then. If you have your mortgage approval from your bank beware of the
expiry (usually six months.)
2. Purchase what you need, not what you want. You will look at many houses that will meet some of your needs and some of your wants. If you find a home that mainly meets your needs your wants can come later.
3. Use online resources to research before viewing the 3D satellite view option on Google Maps allows you to see the house and garden from all angles. Eircode.je has very clear outlines of the plot.
4. Don’t be afraid to ask for a second or even third viewing if you feel you need it. After all, buying a house is probably one of the biggest investments you will ever make.
Tips for renting
1. Having a reference is essential, have them up to date.
2. Look for a property that is within your budget.
3. Daft.ie is a great source that will help you in your search for a property.
4. If you cannot find what you are looking for, leaving your contact details and preferences with the auctioneer will assist them in finding your ideal property.