The irresistible combination of a hunk of battered cod resting atop a heap of steaming hot chips is the quintessential Irish comfort food. Whether eaten out of a paper bag on your lap in front of the “telly” or gobbled down from a ball of newspaper on the way home from the pub, a meal of fish and chips is like a serving of deep-fried nostalgia of the Irish holiday or days at the beach – and let’s not forget, most importantly that sprinkling of salt and vinegar.
We took a trip across the district on a journey to find the greatest fish and chip’s in New Ross. This is going to be a hard one with an absolute mouth watering selection on offer. So here it goes, the following offerings are in no particular order, so please keep an open mind and methodically look through each photo with care and take previous experiences in to consideration when casting your vote for this prestigious award.
VOTING HAS NOW CLOSED FOR THIS POLL
Best Fish & Chip's in New Ross ?
- The Strand Tavern (28%, 479 Votes)
- Mannions Pub (26%, 439 Votes)
- Roches Bar & Restaurant (9%, 160 Votes)
- Brandon House Hotel (8%, 135 Votes)
- Dwyer’s Takeaway (7%, 114 Votes)
- Kings Bay Inn (7%, 113 Votes)
- Hook Lighthouse (4%, 75 Votes)
- Nevilles Gastro Bar (3%, 55 Votes)
- TJ Bellas (2%, 41 Votes)
- Tony's Takeaway (2%, 27 Votes)
- M&J Restaurant (1%, 24 Votes)
- The Captain's Table (Dunbrody Famine Ship) (1%, 17 Votes)
- Sids Diner (1%, 17 Votes)
- Raymondos (1%, 13 Votes)
- Dunbrody House ‘The Local’ (1%, 13 Votes)
- The Village Inn (1%, 12 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,683