We listed 9 FREE things to experience around New Ross. Hopefully, you will enjoy them as much as we do.
- A walk off the beaten track and away from the traffic a stroll through Tintern Abbey, the surrounding forest and trails.
- Go snorkeling in the super-clear waters around the Hook Peninsula. Hook Head offers two unique snorkelling spots, with a natural rock arch and the world’s oldest lighthouse as backdrops. Scuba divers rate Hook Head among Ireland’s top places to dive. It offers plenty of scope for boat diving, with several wrecks fringing the west coast of the peninsula
- Shake off those cobwebs and take a bracing walk in Lacken Forest…Maybe experience a sighting of the rare woodpecker along with all the many wildlife activity around the woods.
- Take a tour of Ballyhack castle and even get into character by dressing up as one of the knights of the time. The fortified tower has an interesting history, and a number of different features that are great to see up close.
- A FREE workout in Pearse Park with a view of the Marina and the river barrow on the fixed gym equipment beside the running track.
- This Halloween Loftus Hall have a new popup shop in 4 Mary Street New Ross. This mini Loftus Hall experience will give you just a little taste of what the history of Loftus hall is all about.
- Stroll along the beach at sunrise, choose from the many picturesque beaches in New Ross. Enjoy the solitude of a long, open stretch of sand. Listening to the sounds of the waves breaking gently on the shore…. watching the sky come alive with color. If you have never witnessed it, you need to at least once in your life.
- Explore the new route of the south-east greenway and check out the old railway bridge and tunnel.
- Morning hike up Slieve Coillte and take in the views that stretch for miles as you walk around the paths at the top of the mountain peak.